Advice from someone who has been in your shoes
  Search entire web
Supervised Visitation Directory
Return to list of questions Return to topic groups
Father has single-handedly raised two sons, now mother wants custody

Your Question:
my boyfriend has raised his two sons from birth with no help from their mother. He sees his daughter atleast four days a week. Out of spite she got upset with him over a disagreement and filed for custody of all three of the kids. She has never been involved in the childrens lives. Can she get custody of the kids.

Custody and visitation problems? We can help. can help you win custody, change custody, or reduce child support. Recommended by mediators and therapists and used every day by thousands of parents and families worldwide.

My Answer:

Thanks for writing.

If the father is an average or better parent, and if he hasn't refused the boys to have contact with the mother, then he has nothing to worry about.

If there's something unfit about the father, or if he has intentionally prohibited the boys from seeing the mother (and has done this out of bad faith), then it's possible that she will get a custody change.


This website gives common sense advice that is not intended to act as legal guidance nor psychological guidance. The author is neither an attorney nor licensed psychologist. For specific legal guidance or specific psychological guidance, consult with a licensed professional.

© 2005 ~ 2022 All Rights Reserved.